Monday 17 November 2008

LIGHTS OUT



I said its alright I’ve been doing this for years,
But the guy didn’t know what to do,
When I turned chalk white and I hit the deck
And my lips turned a misty blue,
For all those times that I hit the pin,
Wiped out and drowned in sin,
It’s my time to have a try,
To figure out if I live or die

Cause the lights are out but I’m still home,
The front doors open but I’m not going,
It’s do or die it’s fight or flight,
So tell me why does this feel so right?
For tonight I think I tasted heaven,
And I want another bite

Told myself my life was tragic thought,
I’d already reached my peak and that the years,
Ahead were meaningless which all looked grey and bleak,
Like a pill popped at a party,
Which came on to quick,
I was full of love at the start of it,
But then I just felt sick

The light’s still out but I’m still home,
But the front doors closing and I think I’m going,
Then an angel wearing yellow said come on dear,
And at that point it became so clear,
For tonight I’d tasted something,
But that something was fear.

Anonymous GalGaelian

No comments: